New for 2017/18 ...we've been busy!
1. A TON of new SNOWMAKING added to "Shredded Mozzarella" trail, because we're going to BURRY it with snow and make an ALL NEW TERRAIN PARK! 1900 feet of pipe and 21 guns - we're calling it the "21 Gun Salute" to our New Park!
2. Several Base Lodge Improvements, most notably, we've added an all new egress from the first floor ski school exit area to the second level for easier access to the Learning Center for beginners and skiers in and out of the base lodge.
3. Expanded Lowest Lot Parking area to make for better ease of access and more room for parking.
4. All new ski and snowboard rentals to the Platty fleet and we're swapping out some of our older gear.
5. ALL NEW DUO Blogging Team writing about all things Platty this winter (Jennifer & Isaac). -- Jennifer is a seasoned Platty skier and blogger...and Isaac is brand new. He has teamed up with Jennifer to blog about...most things Platty! Stay tuned to blog, e-news and social media for more!
Until next Time - Yours in Snow, The Plattekill Family
What the press are saying...
Here's how one writer put it, and we pretty much think this sums us up:
"There’s something to be said for getting back to basics with a genuine mountain experience that stimulates your soul. And even as resorts continue to merge across the continent, making authenticity a thing of the past, a few stalwarts hold fast to the good old days of reasonable lift tickets, cheap après ski beers and, frankly, epic pow. The following spots are still kicking it old school, and we love them for it"…READ MORE
March Proves Snow Season is Far from Over — The Herald Record 3.1.18
These Old-School Ski Resorts Are Gnarlier Than You Think — MadeMan 01.16.18
The Vibe Alone Makes these 5 Little Ski Areas Worth the Visit — unofficialnetworks.com 12.13.17
A Plattekill Mountain Ski Weekend — VisitVortex, Winter 2017/18 Edition
13 US Slopes Where Kids Ski FREE — FamiliesGO!
10 Car Free Weekend Getaways — iloveny.com
Where to Ski Now — Men's Journal
4 Top Places to Hit the Slopes in the Catskills — newyorkupstate.com
Snowtubing in the Catskills - 4 Great Places to Slide — newyorkupstate.com
Avoid East Coast Crowds this Presidents Day Weekend! Overlooked Ski Areas of the East — unofficialnetworks.com