Greetings Plattekill Friends,
We are SUPER EXCITED for another great winter at Plattekill for 2020/21. We’ve been working hard, preparing the mountain and making great improvements for this season. There will be some changes in how we operate to ensure a safe environment for all our guests and staff, but rest assured, we will be enjoying the joys of winter, carving turns, breathing crisp mountain air and spending time with friends and family in just a few short months.
We have created this COVID-19 page to keep you updated on our plans and policies relating to operations with the pandemic. You will see updates as they become available posted throughout the season. Please check back.
Your understanding and compliance with new procedures will ensure a great, safe season for us all. SKI WELL, BE WELL. Let’s work together to be the reason we have a season. We look forward to seeing you all SOON. THINK SNOW!!!
NOVEMBER 19, 2020
We will no longer be mailing season passes as originally planned to our passholders. Instead season passes will be available for pickup on arrival to the mountain at the start of the season. This includes passes for any parking or tubing that may have been purchased.
OCTOBER 18, 2020
New York State releases guidance on 2020/21 Winter Season DETAILS & STATE PRESS RELEASE
OCTOBER 6, 2020
– Skiing and snowboarding allows for adequate social distancing, however we may be required to limit capacity to maintain the number of guests in the lodge at any given time.
– Facial coverings will be required anytime you are in the base lodge or near the base area and lifts where social distancing can not be kept. except when eating or drinking while seated at a table.
– All of our staff will be following CDC guidelines and NYS recommendations. Employees will receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free.
Some changes you will see include:
- ONLINE TICKETING: Lift tickets will ALL be sold online this year to control capacity limitations as necessary and allow us to quickly implement any changes as needed. You will have the option to purchase tickets at the mountain, BUT only thru the online system and if tickets are still available based on capacity levels. HINT: earlier you buy, the better the guarantee!
If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms we will work with you to reschedule your booked date to another day OR provide a voucher(s) good for the 2021/22 season. There are NO REFUNDS for any online (ticket/rental/lesson) purchases.
Season Passholders: Season passes will also be sold online. All season passes and related season products will be available for pickup on arrival to the mountain at the start of the season. Please follow instructions when purchasing to get us all the requested information.
Passholders will be given priority access to the mountain everyday of the season. If we are limited in capacity, daily tickets will be sold according to the number of passholders on the mountain. Passholder advance reservations will not be required and passholders can go direct to lifts.
- ONLINE RENTALS: Rentals will ALL be sold online and will require renters to fill out their form in advance so we have your equipment ready for you on your arrival.
Season rentals are highly recommended to eliminate multiple visits to the rental shop as the equipment is yours to take for the season. Also, limited number of guests allowed in the rental shop may cause the process to take longer than previous years. Seasonal rentals also eliminate the use of shared equipment.
- SKI & SNOWBOARD LESSONS: Advance reservations will also be REQUIRED for lessons, so it will be best to reserve as early as you can for lessons. Availability and a link to our online booking system will be operating shortly. We will start off with private/semi-private and private family group lessons. We hope to open up additional group/kids package lessons as the season progresses based on what sizes those classes can be. All students in lessons will be required to wear face coverings at all times. Instruction staff will also be wearing face coverings during lessons.
Season Racing and Jr Development Programs: These season-long programs will be offered this year on a limited basis. Please visit our Seasonal Programs page for further details/links to sign up.
- FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE: We are going to offer food and beverage outside on our deck as well as inside this year to help spread out capacity, limit indoor access and provide an alternative outlet. Deck heaters, firepits and perimeter wind protection, will help to keep guests as warm as we can outdoors. Indoor seating will be arranged to allow for social distancing. We will ask guests to keep their belongings in their vehicles ( boot bags, food and beverages) when not needed and ask that you please limit breaks and your time in the lodge.
- LIFTS: Guests who come together will be asked to ride together on lifts. We will ask that if you don’t have someone to ride with, then ride the lift single! Face coverings required on lift lines, loading lifts and where social distance can’t be maintained.
Plattekill is currently working with the National Ski Areas Association to establish “Best Practices” we all can take to keep our community strong. SKI WELL, BE WELL. Let’s work together to be the reason we have a season.
Outdoor recreation, including skiing and snowboarding, is proven to improve mental and physical health of participants. “Research is showing that being outside in a mountain environment can boost our immune systems as well as our mental health and well-being,” says Florence Williams, author of The Nature Fix: How Being in Nature Can Make us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative.