JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT & ALPINE RACING PROGRAMS
Our Junior Development Program is offered in 4-week & 8-week sessions geared to take children’s ability to the next level with repetitive, consecutive weeks of instruction offering consistency and continuity throughout the program. The program is designed to develop fundamental skiing skills and concentrates on drills designed to address balance, agility, edging and rotation skills…all while having fun.
Open to Intermediate level skiers 7-17. Child must be able to ride the chairlift without an adult.
Program runs consecutive weeks on Saturdays (incl. holidays) and starts Saturday, January 4, 2020. Instruction is from 10am-12pm and 1-3pm.
8-week $649 4-week $499 Youth Season Pass for students $249
NEW! ALPINE RACE PROGRAM
Our Alpine Race Program is designed to give children the opportunity to improve technical and general skiing skills with an emphasis on having fun, offered in 4-week & 8-week sessions. The program is a natural progression from the Junior Development program which is the foundation and feeder program for this program. Directors of both work together.
Program runs consecutive weeks on BOTH Saturdays and Sundays starting Saturday, January 4, 2020. Instruction is from 8:30am-4pm.
8-week $759 4-week $519 Youth Season Pass for students $249
Check out this RECAP VIDEO of our Christmas Week Holiday Camp – Way to go kids!
More on the Racing Programs…
- Program is aligned with the US Ski & Snowboard curriculum to promote a dynamic athletic stance and balance using creative training.
- Program uses the SkillsQuest approach, US Ski & Snowboard’s curriculum for defining and developing fundamental skiing skills.
- We use guided free skiing with an emphasis on dynamic balance development and age appropriate training.
- We impart skiing fundamentals using creative drills and gate training.
- We promote athleticism using slalom, giant slalom and kombi training courses. Training does not necessarily imply gates. It is an introduction to ski racing. Heavy emphasis remains focused on free skiing and drills to further develop dynamic balance, agility, edging, rotary skills and adaptability.
- Demonstrate dynamic stance in a race environment.
- Ski Intermediate (blue square) terrain and ride a chairlift independently.
- Put on their own equipment.
- Ski parallel down intermediate terrain.
- Have a hard ear helmet.
For more info, contact:
Bill Pammer, Race Director (845) 701-2306 firstname.lastname@example.org